The Senior Analyst assumes the role of Subject Matter Expert for our client’s product. They are involved in eliciting requirements for product development, enhancing existing product and growing product in line with customer, market and business needs. The Analyst is responsible for providing support to teams on all product related matters. They work closely with the Product Architecture team to produce high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose solution designs. They will work with a commercial and customer focus providing estimates for solution design whilst continually improving product and market knowledge to enable them to meet customer and market requirements.
• Analyse Customer requirements, identify matches to existing core product functionality and identify application gaps.
• Generation of high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose solution designs to meet customer and market business needs.
• Production of high quality functional specifications outlining the proposed solution to meet customer requirements to include User Interface Specifications.
• Production of high quality technical specifications to be used as the basis for construction. These will include details of data modelling, functional changes and underlying updates to company’s framework.
• Support various teams in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) capacity on issues that require Product suite expertise.
• Produce estimates associated with the scope outlined in each functional and technical specification.
• Support the Development and TE Teams during the construction and quality assurance phases of a project, taking responsibility for the realisation of a solution through the complete SDLC.
• Focus on continuous improvements in processes and product to increase productivity and quality.
• As a senior member of the team, carry out all tasks with a strong focus on delivering quality solutions that are in line with Company’s Product Growth Strategy, within agreed timelines and budget and with an acute awareness of the commercial impacts of design decisions, risks and delays.
• Manage Risk; early identification of project risk, with appropriate communication, management and escalation of issues in a timely manner, with a strong focus on risk minimisation and issue resolution.
• Support and mentor other members of the Analysis team, overseeing feature development and influencing solution direction using knowledge of legacy solution/design decisions.
Job Specific Expertise
• Minimum 6-8 years of experience in the software industry, with at least 4 years of experience in an Analysis and\or client facing role.
• The ability to translate complex business requirements to technical specifications is critical to this role. Experience with both green field projects and enhancing existing solution designs.
• Experience in modelling complex data in a structured and flexible manner using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
• Experience in Requirements management from upfront Requirements gathering &/ facilitation, to clarification and traceability of requirements throughout SDLC.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to drive solutions and influence decision making.
• The ability to manage risks and issues is critical to this role.
• Scope Management is critical to this role.
• Knowledge & understanding of the financial services industry a distinct advantage.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Financial services experience or qualification is desirable.
• Degree in a business or IT related discipline is desirable.
• Knowledge of CRM or Claims Management systems is an advantage.
IT / Technical Skills
• Structured Analysis and Design methods, e.g. Object-Oriented analysis and design.
• Experience with an Object Oriented Language such as Java/C++ a distinct advantage (or any other programming language)
• Data modeling tools, e.g. Visual Paradigm, etc.
• Screen design tools, e.g. Balsamiq, MS Visio, etc.
• Knowledge of SQL and experience of database platforms such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc. an advantage.
• Strong Excel and Word skills.