The Salesforce Software Engineer is responsible for the technical design and development on systems projects.
• Lead business process reviews with Customers.
• Lead process flow analysis and process redesign.
• Develop the end-to-end technical solution design to meet project requirements.
• Design data models.
• Develop a data migration plan from current data sources to new system.
• Produce the functional design document and/or technical specification for custom development
and systems integration requirements.
• Provide current best practices and 3rd party solution alternatives as part of the functional design
• Present solution design to the Customer, including demonstrating deep familiarity with
hardware, software, networking and security stack.
• Contribute to the development of project plans, including identifying development tasks and
providing estimates on time requirements.
• Oversee and participate in the full application life cycle from technical design to development,
testing, and deployment.
• Mentor lower level Software Engineers on the team.
• Lead and perform code reviews.
• Lead and work with remote Developers.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, timely, and thorough
solutions to customer problems.
• Provide consultation on technical issues.
• Improve operations by recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming
techniques, and technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Maintain professional knowledge with the Salesforce.com ecosystem.
• 4+ years overall experience in a professional software development environment.
• 3+ years of Salesforce.com systems integration and/or implementation experience.
• Advanced experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s for integration purposes.
• Knowledge in web based systems architecture, service oriented architecture, enterprise
application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing
alternatives against business and financial constraints.
• Should have hands on experience and demonstrated expertise in the following Salesforce
technologies: Force.com, APEX, VisualForce, Heroku, Communities, Site.com, Workflows.
• Should have hands on experience and demonstrated expertise in some of the following
technologies: Web Services including SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML,
etc), Database technologies (Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures), Mobile development.
• Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that
optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints, and technological
• Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and
• Detailed oriented, strong analytical skills, and resourceful in issue resolution.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and
interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
• Superior planning skills with the ability to handle large workload and multi task in a fast paced
• Willingness to travel to client locations when required.
• Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED (all of these would be pluses, but none is absolutely required)
• Current Salesforce certifications.
• Experience with Cloud technologies.