Depending on the team, project or scrum team you are assigned to, you will be involved in the following:
- Synthesise inputs from a variety of user representatives / stakeholders to create a complete picture of workflows and technical requirements to be met by the proposed software.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the product backlog, including prioritising according to business value.
- Challenge stakeholders to ensure that an understanding is achieved that is coherent, complete, credible, sufficiently concrete to facilitate the development of software, and that the principals underlying the domain are identified and described.
- Create artefacts to reflect and communicate their discoveries and proposals in a manner that ensures high quality, and highly efficient knowledge transfer occurs, facilitating informed collaboration amongst the stakeholders from both the customer / market and the engineering perspectives.
- Involved in sprint planning and design to line up features that are in a state of readiness to be broken into User Stories that provide business value.
- Identify matches to existing product functionality and identify application gaps.
- Ensure acceptance tests accurately articulate the business need for features, that these tests flow into the associated user stories, and that these are used to drive lean development.
- Create designs and support testing that is focussed on achieving acceptance criteria of features/stories as part of the sprint and release cycles
- Support ongoing development of features and provide guidance on design and priority decisions.
- Provide and enhance product documentation to support future support, extension and usage.
- Previous experience in analysis or design roles in a software environment, or in a related discipline.
- Knowledge & understanding of the insurance industry a distinct advantage, specifically Life Insurance / Health Insurance / Pensions.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies e.g. SCRUM, SAFe
- Good process analysis and mapping skills, comfort with complex business domain modelling (OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) and notation (UML) experience).
- Proven ability to envisage software features that meet customer requirements and that can be implemented at feasible levels of cost and risk.
- Good logical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org