A fantastic opportunity has arisen and is now available to join a Tech Start up based in Dublin 12.
An experienced Linux Engineer is sought to join a highly technical team where you will be providing support, mainly via remote methods, to both internal and external customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful daily operations of an Ubuntu production environment (v16.04) as well as IP networking applications.
You will have experience and working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines (i.e. Linux, networking, embedded applications, BIOS, GUIs, and device drivers, etc.)
· BSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
· 5+ years’ experience as a SW & HW engineer with strong knowledge of HW/SW interfaces and drivers
· Excellent knowledge of IP technology, applications based on IP, network troubleshooting skills and configuring routers etc.
· Excellent Linux OS (Ubuntu) and scripting (Bash) skills
· Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines (i.e. Linux, system architecture, networking, embedded applications, BIOS, GUIs, and device drivers, etc.)
· Ability to take and resolve 2nd and 3rd level support calls where necessary
· Must be able to manage and resolve conflicting product and project requirements
· Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with ability to establish technical and professional credibility as well as multi-task and work under pressure
· Excellent customer focus and results driven to get issues resolved on time
· Excellent English communications skills required, both written and spoken